This is an excellent opportunity to work within a friendly, highly motivated team dealing with the design, construction, and maintenance of the Ipswich Borough Councils corporate building stock, including some amazing listed properties.
You would report to the Assistant Operations Manager of Major Capital Schemes and provide a wide range of administrative services to the department and to ensure the effective and efficient administration of all Major Capital Schemes operational areas.
Day to day
- Financial administration for MCS.
- Responses to service requests referring to officers as necessary.
- Assist both the Assistant Operations Manager and Programme Managers as necessary in delivering our Capital Programme and Repair and Maintenance Programme.
- Maintain statistical registers, log, and distribute all correspondence.
- Prepare agendas and minute meetings.
- Liaise with outside Contractors and Consultants to schedule meetings.
- Compile tender records and submissions.
- Help develop MCS administrative systems and delivery of programmes and projects.
- Design, upload and maintain MCS intranet and internet pages.
- Improve and maintain electronic databases and spreadsheets.
- Help with inductions of new employees within the team.
- Assist with day-to-day management of our repair and maintenance contracts.
- And various other duties required from time to time within the character of their other duties and within their level of responsibilities.
Minimum qualification levels desired are GCSE’s grade C (or equivalent) including English and Maths.
The hours of work are 37 per week, Monday to Friday and are to include a flexible hybrid working approach.
As well as a good salary, we offer a career average pension scheme, generous holiday and sick pay entitlements, subsidised parking, public transport discounts, free swimming, cycle purchase scheme, plenty of personal and professional development opportunities, flexible working, hybrid working opportunities, Employee Assistance Programme and the opportunity to work with great colleagues.
For more information about this role please contact Graham Hornsby on 01473 432735 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please download the Job Description and Person Specification to find out more about this role:
The selection process will be finalised during interviews which are proposed to be held week commencing 21st November 2022.
The interview process will be carried out in person within our main offices at Grafton House.
Early applications are encouraged as we reserve the right to interview candidates who meet the essential criteria prior to the closing date and / or to close the opportunity to applicants once we receive sufficient applications.
Grafton House – Ipswich
£22,780 – £23,622
Application closing date
16 November 2022
Full-time – 37 hours
Ipswich Borough Council
15-17 Russell Road
- 01473 432000