The ICT Service Desk is the single point of contact for all ICT related enquiries. These enquiries are logged either by the Service Desk software, by email or by telephone.
The role of the Service Desk Apprentice will be to assist the Service Desk Team in triaging all incoming calls and either fixing at first point of contact or escalating to the appropriate team. Full training will be given to achieve this role we also provide dedicated support, an Apprentice Development Programme and guidance throughout your apprenticeship to help you succeed.
The role can be performed from home (needs broadband), but you will be required to come into our main Ipswich office as and when needed.
Day to day
The role includes:
- Providing first-level fault resolution or escalation
- Assisting our customers to smoothly embrace new technologies
- Developing your own knowledge so that you can be a true ICT champion
The successful candidate will have:
- A good telephone manner
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Experience of being a team-player
- 5 GCSE ‘s at Grades A*- C (4-9) which must include Maths, English & ICT
Hours of work are 37 hours per week, Monday to Friday and the service desk covers the hours between 08:00 and 17:00
For more information about this role please contact Duncan Nobes on 01473 433890 or via email Duncan.firstname.lastname@example.org
Please download the Job Description and Person Specification to find out more about this role:
If you are an internal applicant please apply via ESS.
The selection process will be an interview via Microsoft Teams. Interviews will be held on Friday 27th January 2023
Grafton House – Ipswich
Application closing date
20 January 2023
1x Apprentice – 37 Hours per week
Ipswich Borough Council
15-17 Russell Road
- 01473 432000