Mechanical Cleansing Operative
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our Waste & Cleansing Services Cleansing Team. This role consists of operating a variety of equipment, including mechanical sweepers and quad bikes. You must also be prepared to undertake training in various specialist tasks. Other aspects of the role involve considerable walking, lifting, and bending. A flexible attitude to working practices and hours is also required.
To be suitable for this post you will need to:
- Have either experience in a similar role or have a QCF Level 2 in Frontline Services.
- Be willing to work as part of a team and have a flexible attitude to ensure various cleansing tasks are completed in a professional way and in a timely fashion.
- Be self-motivated and able to work on own initiative.
- Be able to carry out considerable lifting, carrying, and bending.
- Work outside in all weathers.
- Possess a driving license which entitles you to drive vehicles up to 4500kg.
As well as a good salary, we offer a career average pension scheme, generous holiday and sick pay entitlements, subsidised parking, public transport discounts, free swimming, cycle purchase scheme, plenty of personal and professional development opportunities, flexible working, hybrid working opportunities, Employee Assistance Programme and the opportunity to work with great colleagues.
For an informal discussion, please call Marc James 01473 433081 or by email email@example.com
Please download the Job Description and Person Specification to find out more about this role:
The assessment interview process will be carried out remotely via Skype for Business, Microsoft teams or in person.
Interviews will be held w/c 5th June 2023.
Early applications are encouraged as we reserve the right to interview candidates who meet the essential criteria prior to the closing date and / or to close the opportunity to applicants once we receive sufficient applications.
Gipping House – Ipswich
£24,057 – £25,409
Application closing date
22 May 2023
1x Permanent – 37 Hours per week
Ipswich Borough Council
15-17 Russell Road
- 01473 432000