Term-Time Only Bus Drivers
Full-day, Morning-only or Afternoon-only options.
Up to £12.22 per hour
Do you want to be a local hero?
We are looking for friendly, caring and confident people who are passionate about customer service to join our amazing team of bus drivers in and around Ipswich.
We are looking for friendly, caring and confident people who are passionate about customer service to join our amazing team of school bus drivers in and around Ipswich.
As long as you have a can-do, customer-focused attitude, We are currently welcoming applications from existing PCV License holders, and also those without bus licenses.
We offer some of the leading rates of pay in the area – after completing and training required drivers will be allocated a school route, where you will be paid an hourly rate of £12.22. Those of you wanting to work a full day will be guaranteed 30 hours pay per week. Those of you working a half day will be guaranteed 15 hours pay per week.
As you will be driving a school service, you will not be required to work any weekends, school holidays or bank holidays. If you want to do overtime at these times, it is often available if you want to earn more.
Tell us how you want to get paid
You can also choose how you get paid. We can either pay you for the hours you work every week OR spread your earnings over the year, meaning you will receive payment 52 weeks of the year.
Other benefits include:
- The highest pay rates for bus-driving jobs in Ipswich, and some of the highest pay rates for bus-driving jobs in the area
- Every weekend, school holiday and bank holiday off
- Highly competitive pension scheme where we will match your contributions up to 6% of your annual wage
- Free travel on bus services in Ipswich for you, your partner and your children (under the age of 18)
- Generous company sick-pay scheme, and free life insurance, for the financial security of you and your family
- Ongoing vocational training to ensure you keep your skills up-to-date
- Free onsite parking for all employees, so you never have to worry about getting to work
- Cycle-to-work scheme offering the most cost-effective way to get new cycling equipment
- Employee Wellness programme, because your health matters
- Free smart uniform to ensure you are always looking your best
- The opportunity to work for a locally run bus company focused on supporting our local community
How to apply
Email your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com. For more information, call us on 014733 344 832.
Ipswich Buses is an equal opportunity employer and we would love to hear from you.
Come and be a local hero at Ipswich Buses!
Salary: £12.22 per hour
- 15-30 hours per week during school term
- 3+ hour shift
- No requirement to work on weekends, school holidays or bank holidays
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Ipswich: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Driving: 1 year (preferred)
- Car Driving Licence (required)
Duties start at either our Constantine Road site (parking available) or the Tower Ramparts Bus Station.
Application closing date
Full Time & Part Time
Ipswich Borough Council
15-17 Russell Road
- 01473 432000